View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 11:23 PM   #1
digital_steve
Muppet
digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650
[KOBO] Strip existing formatting to apply my own default formatting to all books

Hey all,
Having some good success with Calibre and Kobo, but i've found that some books i convert work almost perfectly in regards to base font size and margins, whereas others don't seem to convert into the settings i specify.

Is there some way to force changes on all these books, or is there something simple i'm missing?

FYI i'm converting EPUB to EPUB (nil DRM), using a base font size of 11pt and marings of top 0pt, left 0pt, right 12pt, bottom 1pt.

At least one book looks perfect and extends to the margins i set (except the bottom, for some reason there's still a lot of dead space there) whereas another book seems to apply a bit of the margin stuff and no text stuff, and another book remains completely formatted as per the kobo original.

digital_steve is offline   Reply With Quote