View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 11:27 PM   #8
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
>> ... Hey! we broke our product let's inconvenience the customers for two weeks rather than the retailers who deal with us brilliant!

The only solution to that would be for a retailer to "hold back," say, 5 or 10 percent of product - to keep on hand for returns and exchanges.

Like THAT'S gonna happen.

Was I irritated that I was without the use of my device for a few days? Sure. But I lived through it. And learned a lot about Kobo in the process. And I am thoroughly enjoying my Kobo v1.4. And am recommending them to others.

I have beta tested software programs (nothing eReader-related) in the past, and gained an insight and empathy for customer support representatives. I mean, you would have difficulty finding two PCs set up exactly the same anywhere - so they START with totally unknown customer setups, with drivers and all sorts of potentially interruptive processes working.

But Clint digresses.

In the US, Borders Rewards members who purchased their Kobos online have SIXTY DAYS to exchange or return their purchases to a local store. I also paid about twenty bucks for a SquareTrade warranty: three years of coverage, even if I drop mine in my koi pond. A fifty-dollar deductible. I also have "protection" via the credit card I used.

I am sorry that Canadian consumer laws - and your store's policies - aren't close to what is available just south of the border (no pun intended).

If you want a very nice eReader, I'd like you to hang in there and keep in close contact with Sameer/Kobo. They are bending over backwards pleasing us. And very few v1.0 Kobos ae actually "locking up" like ours have. I know it is hard to be patient - but the end result has been worth it for me.

Clint Bradford
909-241-7666
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote