View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 04:23 PM   #20076
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
OK, there was the original trilogy (Sheepfarmer's Daughter, Divided Allegiance, Oath of Gold) which were collected in The Deed of Paksenarrion.

Then there were the prequels about Gird and Luap, Surrender None and Liar's Oath.

And most recently, a five-volume series (Paladin's Legacy) continuing on from The Deed of Paksenarrion: Oath of Fealty, Kings of the North, Echoes of Betrayal, Limits of Power and Crown of Renewal.

NB Paks plays only bit parts in these stories, but other characters from The Deed of Paksenarrion do come to take centre stage.

The first is perhaps the weakest (only 3 stars), but I gave 5 stars to the rest. Perhaps I was just grumpy the day I rated it.
I suspect you may have been reacting to the lack of Paks in it, coming off The Deed of Paksenarrion. At first, one wants more of Paksenarrion, and the Legacy books take some getting into, until the "New" characters that are central to this arc take hold. At least that was what slowed me down a bit.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote