View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #7
Keroberos
Zealot
Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini (4GB), Nook Classic wi-fi, iPod Touch (Bluefire Reader)
Having built a couple of scanning rigs. I can say that the cardboard box rig--although it works and gives ok results if you're just doing one or two books--building something more solid that supports both the book and the camera gives way better scans.

I haven't heard anything about those scanners (have you tried asking at the DIY Book Scanner site? Someone there might have some insights), but I can say that almost anything made now would be way faster with better quality than your 8 year old scanner, I scanned one book with my cheap 99 dollar all in one printer/scanner, and I was getting one scan every 10 seconds (including page turns) with outstanding results.
Keroberos is offline   Reply With Quote