View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 10:56 PM   #12
Kingston
Addict
Kingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle, Iliad v2 & v1,Gen 3 from NAEB, Sony PRS-505, Jetbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisM12743 View Post
Is there a SIMPLE way to convert files for the cybokk3? I looked at mobiperl, but I've got to tell you, it looks something like a monster! Just looking for the simplest method possible.
I use the absolute, no-think method of creating a prc. I send a file off to Amazon for conversion after making it into a doc, html or pdf and get back an azw...change the suffix to prc and voila!

Trouble is, you have to have an active Kindle account to get this service, which means you have to buy a Kindle.

If you'd like, I'd be glad to send files over for conversion for you and mail them back to you. Send me a PM if interested.

BTW, Cybook does a great job of reading html files---it 'reads' them just like a prc, so no need for conversion if you already have it in html.
Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote