View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 03:30 PM   #2
vvv
Zealot
vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad, Librie, REB1100, GEB2150, GEB1150, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by simple dave
I have converted some of my lit files into html for the BookDesigner, using convertlit. What clit seems do is to convert one lit file into many htm file linked together. One for the TOC, one for the first page, etc.

But when I open the TOC file, for example, in BD, and click on a link, BD can't open the page it links to, telling me it's an empty link. In explorer the links works fine. BD also doesn't read all the html styles right, leading to some very odd formatting choices.

What I thought to do is to convert it all into one big html file and to load that file inside BD, even if it means I will have to give up linked TOC. Is there a tool which can convert many linked html files (toc, chapters, etc) into on big htm file?

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find it in a search, and didn't fancy reading the whole BD update thread again .

Another small question. To all of you who have embedded fonts inside an lrs file. Does that lead to slower page turning?
BD does not support linked html's. But you can try to join them using any of the following options.

1. If your input file is lit, load it directly to BD. In this case BD will join html's found inside lit using the order pointed out in the opf-file included into lit.
2. If you have several html's try to join them using Tools -> Join Books.

Both methods will join the files. However these methods may change the formatting because they convert non-structured html's to structured html0-format (i.e. they are trying to find book elements such as titles, subtitles, etc).

Also you can join html's included into lit "as they are" (without converting to html0). If you want to do it - Settings -> uncheck both "keep original format" and "re-format completely" -> load lit to BD. When the book will be shown in BD window, close BD, and go to the "LastFile" subdirectory where you will find html's joined into a single file.
But be careful: because this file is non-structured html, the BD-converting to several e-book formats may give unpredictable results. And most probably, the interactive editing of such files in BD will not work.

Embedded fonts slow down the page turning. And the more embedded fonts are included, the slower the turning is. For example, if the only one embedded font is used, the delay is ~2 sec.

Last edited by vvv; 03-28-2007 at 03:36 PM.
vvv is offline   Reply With Quote