View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 05:03 PM   #1
Fmstrat
G:RSS-Web Creator
Fmstrat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, PW, Nexus 4,10
Post G:RSS: Optimized Google Reader (RSS) for the Nook [BETA Testers needed]

[EDIT]

BETA testing is complete, and the application is live: http://nowsci.com/grss-web/

[/EDIT]

Hi all,

{ NOTE: This does not require modification to the Nook. It is a Web-app will run in the standard Nook Web Browser. }

For those who may have crossed my other thread, I've been working on porting over my Windows Phone 7 app, G:RSS (http://nowsci.com/techviews/20100612...s-phone-7-wp7/), to the Web for use on eReaders, such as the Nook. The Nook is going to be the first one out of the gate, followed shortly by the Kindle, and I've pretty much finished up all the code and display.

That being said, I'm in need of testers, especially since I've done all this development using an Android emulator and a few trips to B&N to test from their store

Below are some screenshots which pretty much tell the story, and here is the feature list:
  • Full controls from the LCD
  • Designed to match the Nook menu interface
  • All standard desktop reader features such as Starring, Marking Read/Unread Articles and Feeds, Labels, etc
  • Secure passing of login credentials to Google via SSL with no server storage (only a Cookie is stored on the eReader, and nowhere else)

I'll open it up to a few testers first to get the kinks worked out before releasing to the public. If you come across this after I've locked it down for testers, you can watch for the release on:
So, if you want to be a BETA tester, please respond to this thread. No PMs Please.

Thanks,
Ben
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	grss-nook-feeds.jpg
Views:	710
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	58151   Click image for larger version

Name:	grss-nook-articles.jpg
Views:	716
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	58152   Click image for larger version

Name:	grss-nook-article.jpg
Views:	721
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	58153  

Last edited by Fmstrat; 10-08-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Fmstrat is offline   Reply With Quote