View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 11:52 AM   #13
siebert
Developer
siebert has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.siebert has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.siebert has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard) 3G / iPad 9 WiFi / Google Pixel 6a (Android)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I don't want to obfuscate filenames in recipe downloads as I often look at the downloaded files to debug problems and the nice folder structure makes it easy to find files.
They are not obfuscated, only flattened.

Instead of

feed_0/index.html
feed_0/article_0/index.html

the files are named

feed0.html
feed0_article0.html

Finding files should be as easy as with the current scheme. If you don't like the names, you could change them via the two new constants.

Quote:
And I tried FBReader on my computer, it works fine. Only Sigil has issues and I'm sure if you point them out to Valloric on the Sigil forum they will be quickly fixed.
As said above, the issue is in FBReader for Android, not the PC version.

Quote:
That said, I would be willing to accept the patch if you can make it optional. That way when developing recipes it would use the current structure, but for normal downloads, it would not.
I tried to extract the code into a class so it would be possible to switch between different implementations, but it turned out to be rather hard, as two separate modules are affected.

I really think that the new name scheme is as usable as the current one, so please reconsider accepting the patch as is.

Ciao,
Steffen
siebert is offline   Reply With Quote