View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 03:41 PM   #30
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Interestingly if you read the directions that come with a flash drive (in my defense, the only reason I did read them was regarding this very question ), these days they will mostly say you can just pull them safely with out unmounting them.
On a linux system, sure. (unless you pull it out while in the middle of writing files.) But Windows always knows when I've done that and insist on checking the filesystem. And then saying there's nothing wrong. And then complaining next time as well. An easy fix (hah!) is to copy all files somewhere safe then reformat the USB drive. (I did that once in desperation.)

Obviously, Micro$oft has it in for linux users and uses this to sneakily cause trouble. ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote