View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 01:57 AM   #18
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by naypalm View Post
But... Here's my problem. I have installed the hack successfully, but when I click on a pdf or mp3 url on a web page, a message flashes for a moment that says "FD: downloading *.mp3" then the usual "Kindle can't load this" message pops up. About 2 minutes later, I get the following error at the bottom on the screen "FD: Error while downloading *.mp3", where * is the file name.
Some websites require logging in before you can download files. Such sites won't work with FreeDownload because FreeDownload does not share the browser's session.
What site is giving you these errors ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naypalm View Post
Also, I notice that when plugging in the USB cord to xfer data; The Browser will not load a webpage after unplugging the USB. However, the kindle store will connect and load just fine. The only way around this that seemed to work was to reboot the device.
FreeDownloads stops the browserd after plugging the USB and starts it again after unplugging just to make sure there are no conflicts. Sometimes the browserd doesn't start properly. I'll try to fix the problem somehow.

Thanks for your feedback.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote