View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 03:37 PM   #58
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
I'd love to know what she thinks makes the NC a toy--is it just the fact that it plays games, or does it lack some serious reading features that the original Nook has? (I doubt this, but I suppose it's possible.) If it has to recharge in a handful of hours, instead of the much longer e-ink reading time, that could support the idea "serious readers should get the e-ink reader."

Calling it just-a-toy is somewhat derogatory, and salespeople generally shouldn't insult what they're (supposedly) trying to sell, but I don't think she committed a firing offense--if she's able to describe why she thinks it's (1) a toy and (2) not as good for reading as the other.

Obviously, she's clueless about "office documents," and has never considered color magazines as reading material that some people want. (I wonder how the Nook Color supports comic books? If not CBZ format, then ePubs made from them.) Potentially, she meant "the games and internet are irrelevant to serious readers so you'd be wasting your money to pay more, and get less battery life, for access to those."
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote