View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 04:17 AM   #5
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
I pretty much quit reading once I purchased my first ereader. I never liked reading all that much, but felt a lot of peer pressure to read. I used to keep a book with me, just to give the impression that I read, but my peers kept noticing that I was always reading the same book.

So I started purchasing different books and changing them every so often, so as to keep my peers from catching on that I hated reading. You can imagine how expensive that became! Sure I could have just went to libraries to check out books to pretend to read, but just the thought of all them books around gave me the creeps.

So buying an ebook reader was a great ruse. My peers could no longer tell that I just had one book on the device (The Wit and Wisdom of Richard M Nixon by Winston Churchill). Although the cost of the device (and the ones I purchased later to keep the "hey, I am a serious reader" impression) was a bit much, but not when compared to the expense of buying all them books I pretended to read.

So, guess I read about the same. Very little, thank god!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote