View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 10:17 AM   #45
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
I'm another Palm alumnus. I had four or five of them altogether, but I must have started reading on my first PalmPilot.

I can't remember what the first book was, though. I know I read some probably-illegal stuff like Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, some Baen Free Library stuff, and some out-of-copyright stuff, including Pride and Prejudice, but I can't remember what was first.

It was very much an emergency backup, though. It wasn't until eInk that I was really happy to read from a screen.
I tried finding books for my Palm Pilot, but I couldn't quite figure out how to find and download books that I was interested in reading. I read these threads and I think I didn't try hard enough back then.

I started reading Tom Sawyer on my Compaq iPaq, but I didn't make it very far. I couldn't figure out how to find ebooks for that device either.

The first ebook I read to the end -- not including online fan-fiction -- would have been on my Sony PRS-505 and I *think* that was Sleeping with Schubert: A Novel by Bonnie Marson.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote