View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 06:38 PM   #7
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mivo View Post
It wasn't until e-books that I could easily and instantly get books that I want to read, and in the language that I prefer.

I understand that he refers to paper books, but to me, the content is the book, not the material used to deliver the content. Small and independent stores closing is not limited to the book market, either.
The fact is that you *couldn't* find books everywhere (before Amazon).
The mythical golden age that Patterson and co bemoan never existed.
It wasn't all that long ago that a third of all hardcovers were sold in NYC--200 million people bought twice as many books as 10 million--because the books weren't available outside the big cities.
(1978, btw)

Last edited by fjtorres; 09-16-2013 at 06:43 PM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote