View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #227
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanft View Post
Is it only a problem for amazon books? Most of my mobi books are only in that format because they were converted from epub.
If you mean 'Is a calibre-converted mobi more likely to be OK than a pure Amazon mobi?' then I don't know the answer. I expect that some mobis will be better/worse than others. However, all the Kobo bells & whistles adjustments are only available to epub, as far as I know. If you've kept your original epubs then I'd always advise to use the epub version on a Kobo.

As far as I know, the internals of Amazon mobi/KF8 are completely undocumented and a lot of reverse engineering has needed to be done over the years to allow Calibre (and any other non-Amazon software) to handle these formats at all.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote