View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 07:14 AM   #269
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
Ok guys let us get back on topic please.
So if anybody spots any errors in the LOTR books, let the rest of us know please. Or has this huge book come to be 100% error free ?
The only remaining error I know about is the erroneous hyphen in Dunadan.

But there are undoubtedly more errors, most likely in the Appendices which are very complex.

One problem with the current ebook version is the use of small graphics for the in-line runes. There are small bitmaps, so they don't resize with the text.

I hope that these will eventually be replaced with resizing SVG graphics, or perhaps with a custom font, in a new ebook edition. The Appendices could really benefit from this too. I might be persuaded to spend on a new edition if it was done really well.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote