View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 05:21 AM   #14
bazmaz
Uke strummer
bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
WT Sharpe - I always advise that people experiment with strings. They sound different on different ukes, and to different ears. Aquilas are amazing for getting tone out of a cheap uke with laminated woods, but on pro models I go with something sweeter. I found Aquilas were boomy on my flea. I tend to go with worths and Martin flouros mainly

Jgaiser - thanks so much. I always tell new players the same thing. The ukulele is one of the easiest instruments to start to learn - I can get most people playing a three chord pattern in under half an hour. That said, nothing in music is "easy" and it requires practice to get the most from it. Easy to pick up, lifetime to master! I hope you enjoy it!
bazmaz is offline   Reply With Quote