View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 07:38 PM   #14
switchman2210
Enthusiast
switchman2210 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.switchman2210 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.switchman2210 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.switchman2210 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.switchman2210 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Black PRS-650 with lighted cover & Kindle DX.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazied View Post

So "Owners of the Sony devices can download ebooks in the library for 21 days. " is referring to the actual public library? I was a bit unsure about this comment, I initially thought it was saying you can share your ebooks to other ebook devices for a limited time?
If you look at the context of the statement, “Owners of the Sony devices can download ebooks in the library for 21 days”, it is being used in conjunction with Google Books. Just reading it in context with the paragraph, it could mean that Google Books will function similar to a library and check the PD books out. Obviously, there are a lot of books that you could get from PG that would not be subject to these limits,. But with a statement of “It offers free access to the 1 million public-domain books digitized through the Google Books Project,” that is a lot of books.

I don’t think they would be referring to your public library and quote a 21 day limit as every libraries check out time limits are specific to themselves.

This is just my opinion.

Last edited by switchman2210; 08-11-2009 at 07:42 PM.
switchman2210 is offline   Reply With Quote