View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 12:32 PM   #132
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Thumbs up

Actually, Lingvo is even smarter than I said, so I need to correct myself: as soon as you launch Lingvo, it not only inserts whatever is in iOS's clipboard into Lingvo's search field, but it also immediately displays the definition and/or translation of whatever is in the search field. And so, you don't need to tap anywhere in Lingvo at all, not even once. You do need to perform the four-finger swipe to return from Lingvo to Marvin.

(Lingvo also displays alternative/close-match search suggestions related to whatever is in the search field, so obviously you need to tap a suggestion if the definition/translation of the default search term is not the one you're looking for.)

If this was the world of Mac OS or Windows, the ideal solution would be obvious: simply overlay Marvin's full-screen window with a small Lingvo pop-up window, and you get the same effect as with iOS's built-in dictionary. However, this is likely impossible in the full-screen world of iOS, so it looks like that "round-trip" to an external dictionary app is inevitable.

Last edited by Faterson; 12-10-2012 at 12:39 PM.