View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 08:07 AM   #123
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Red face

Darn! I apologize for the misleading statement. I'm on 5.1.1 on iPad 1, too, which is its final destination. Thanks for the correction, Paul. Of course I'm on iOS 5 there, otherwise iCloud wouldn't work. (Must have confused that number in my head with Ice Cream Sandwich somehow.)

By the way, now that we have Marvin and no longer need to fear the upgrade to iOS 6 (so much), the main attraction of iOS 6 for me is the addition of 3 more dictionaries integrated into iOS: German, French, and Spanish. I must say, though, that the Kindle app is the king in terms of dictionary integration. It now already offers 10 (!) dictionaries, including 4 Far-Eastern languages. Apple is rather behind in this respect; I'd especially welcome an early addition of the Russian dictionary, but I'm not holding my breath. Also, the display of dictionary definitions is superior in the Kindle app over what we have in Stanza/Marvin, you can also search within the Kindle dictionaries, and tap on terms used in definitions. Ah well, you can't have everything.

Earlier today, with a tear in my eye, I replaced Stanza's icon in the elite 6-icon base row on my iPads with Marvin's icon. Good-bye, Stanza, and thanks a lot. You served us well for many years.

Last edited by Faterson; 12-10-2012 at 08:10 AM.