View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 08:07 PM   #14
chuckz
Enthusiast
chuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watch

Device: none
I had Pocketbook 301+ and was very happy with it until a crack appeared without the device having been dropped, abused by a cat etc. I was very much outraged until found out on the forum that these things happen all the time.

Then I picked Story HD for $99 and am keeping it mostly for the screen resolution,
since my Pocketbook has been repaired for $75 return shipping included (warranty expired), and if not for the screen resolution (important mainly for image-scanned pdf files) I would consider the Pocketbook much superior: more user-friendly, better battery life, tons of useful features.

In addition to the far from perfect user interface of the Story, you "story" increases suspicions about the Iriver in general - something must be wrong with this company.

In your situation I would shop around for a different device, and it would not hurt if you try contacting the company management. Writing a letter to a senior manager might help.
(I had once a trouble with the Dell support and wrote a letter to a senior manager that helped to solve the problem)
chuckz is offline   Reply With Quote