View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 04:04 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nz7c View Post
I set the wireless to 9090 and all problems were solved - works beautifully. I do have two questions which have come up though and not sure what forum ask it in.
1) I converted 4 kindle books (from the same publisher - a series) from azw to epub format and sent to the nexus. One of the book conversions will not generate a TOC even though all 4 originated from the same publisher?
The best thing to do is post the question in the calibre Conversions forum. There are people who monitor that subforum who are far more expert than I am in the ins and outs of conversion.
Quote:
2) I cannot figure out how to create groups in Companian to allow sorting my books.
I assume that you want a group that doesn't already exist (authors, titles, series, publishers, tags).

You create new groups by creating custom columns in calibre that contain the grouping data, and then telling CC to make a group from that column. For example, if you wanted to maintain the genres of your collection, you could follow the instructions here to create the custom column. You would then tell CC to make a group from that column by entering the lookup name (probably #genre) into the box found in Settings/Make groups for custom columns.

It is also possible to make groups for sony-like user categories as described here. However, this is generally useful only if you want to specify a non-default sort or rename the collection. If you want to do this, then you would enter the column lookup names in the smart device driver in calibre (preferences -> plugins -> device interface plugins -> smart app). I recommend you go the straight custom column route unless you are familiar with how Sony's manage collections.
Quote:
Thank you SO much for the help. I really appreciate it. Tim
You are welcome.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote