View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 12:01 PM   #89
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
I basically just buy the lot of what they offer each during the promo each month. I figure I'm supporting a DRM-free small publisher who do generally quality work and even if I end up not really liking half the books, $4.95 for 5 recent works at 99 cents each is basically pocket change which I can afford to spend.

Also, the women sleuth guide is pretty good so far. Only covers from 1900-to-1970s, but gives a decent description of books which star or have strong supporting female characters doing sleuthing, a little blurb on the contents of the stories, and a bit at the end about the quality/potential interest of the writing (doesn't hesitate to point out retro WTFery and flat characters). Some of the synopses may be a bit spoilery as to series character developments and who gets killed in the course of the story (no spoilers for whodunnit thus far), but overall a good intro and overview if you think you might want to track down some vintage mystery/crime to read.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote