View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 08:46 AM   #5
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I was thinking of creating a test "book" with every character in it, to see which ones work and which ones don't. (Has anyone done that already?)

I have a handful of books that use inline graphics for some foreign characters. You can see it in the click to view sample of The City & the City by China Mieville on Amazon - it's the accented Z in Beszel. That's not an ideal solution, since the graphics can only be one size, and the surrounding text can be whatever size I want.

I'm not really sure whether the accented graphics are conversion artifacts (the other book I had this with was converted by me from an epub), lowest-common-denominator (I believe the original Kindle had an inferior character set), or if the readers or ebook formats really can't do them.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote