View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 03:52 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themus View Post
I am using Aldiko on an Android tablet, and I copied over a dozen books from the Calibre Directory. Came over fine, but to my surprise, the single tag I have in Calibre is coming over in Aldiko with additional tags
I think the key point is that you mentioned copying the books from the Calibre directory. If this is what you actually did then this by-passes the Calibre mechanisms for updating the information that is stored INSIDE the book file rather than just in the Calibre metadata database.

The recommended way to handle this is to use one of:
  • Save to Disk
  • Send to Device
  • Convert book (even if it is ePub to ePub)
  • use Modify ePub plugin to update metadata (ePub files only)
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote