View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #348
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyshadeshae View Post
I get picked on occasionally (usually by strangers) for what I choose to read. When I first read Twilight (hardback borrowed from my grandmother before I had my nook), I had some random old guy (probably 50s or 60s) walk up to me in the mall and start talking about how bad the Twilight books are. When he finally stopped for a breath, I asked him if he had personally read the books. "No, why would I read that garbage." "Well, if you haven't read it, how do you know it's garbage?" "Everyone says it is..." Yeah, that conversation was over fairly quickly after I pointed out how idiotic that train of thought was. I have a personal rule that I cannot bad-mouth a book without having read it myself. However, even books that I bad-mouth because I don't like them usually get a disclaimer of "just because they're not for me, doesn't mean they aren't for you."
One thing I can say for myself is that I usually never trash talk anything if I haven't experienced it for myself. Far too many people confuse ''that's crap'' with ''it's just not something I'm into''. I've never read Twilight, I don't know if it's bad because I haven't read it, nor is it in my taste to do so. Even if I read it and hated it I certainly wouldn't express my unsolicited negative opinion to a stranger.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote