View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #39
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogle View Post
My experience is that 1 week uses perhaps 50%. The Kobo does reach 100%. I find that if I charge until it says 100% upon disconnection, it will report less than 100%. But if charged for a period beyond 100% then once disconnected it will remain at 100%.

Note that I am using a touch, not a glo. I don;t know how much drain the light causes.

I have also noted that searching for wifi does use a significant amount of charge. If I am on the train and it looks for wifi to bookmark a kepub, it has a significant cost in battery life. When wifi is not available, it appears best to have it off else it uses a lot of energy looking for a network.

I suspect none of this impacts your suspicion of a bad battery though.
Thanks for the extra details! Good to know you were talking about a Touch, sorry I missed that. The Glo battery has repeatedly been reported to be slightly better than the Touch's though, even with usage of the light. Also, my Wifi is always off and so is the "listening for sleepcover." I read as little as possible on it during the current test and am monitoring the battery usage during sleep, and trying to compare it with the battery usage during sleep in my Touch. Both devices have the same book in cache... but wait, I'm hijacking this lovely thread with horrible things! I have a thread about it over there and will stop talking about over here
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote