View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 03:08 AM   #4
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
your availability will be books that are available in the UK,
Quote:
.com site recognises you are from the UK and will only let you but books that are avail for, and that you can buy from, the .co.uk site.
Both those quotes are incorrect.

I am in the UK and I have a US address on my UK Amazon account, switching to that address in 'manage your kindle' migrates my kindle to the US store, and allows me to purchase books using my UK credit card. The entire US store is available, including books not available in the UK Store. All the books I have bought are not available in the UK, thats why I do it.

When I transfer back to my UK address my US purchases simply migrate to the UK.

Pre orders don't though. To get pre orders on the release date you need to change back to the US store and go through the migration process again.

I haven't had any problems and my books downloaded via wifi.

I did get a message on my Kindle about roaming charges so I guess 3G downloads to another country, ie not the US, would incur a fee.

I have done this 3 times now and am currently linked to the US Store as Barabara Erskines Lady of Hay is released in the US today and that is a pre order of mine. Its not in, or even coming soon, in the UK.

Last edited by Josieb1; 10-01-2010 at 03:11 AM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote