View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 05:37 PM   #14
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Dear Mr. Michael Dehan

Dear Mr. Michael Dehan

I have tried to write reply to this thread several times.
Every time I tried to express my sentiments towards your so-called "standard practices" my reply quickly became unpublishable.

Let me translate your words into plain English:
"Other manufacturers are screwing their European customers so we can screw them too"

$1 is NOT equal to 1Euro
If I purchase Sony Reader with some accessories in USA for $350 and then add 20% Value Added Tax and then add "3year accidental handling damage Warranty" it still will not be 350Euro.

Please notice that 3year accidental handling damage "Warranty" from Sony is MUCH more than your standard European 2 year warranty. Please do not try that Male Bovine Excrement with “the principle of the conformity of the product with the contract”. Look what iRex promised with their Illiad and look at what they delivered. Yet I have yet to hear about their returning money because their "pdf reading capability" did not satisfy some customer. And do not let me started on battery life ....

Please notice that I do not include Shipping cost in my example. This is because American ebook devices and YOUR ebook devices are both manufactured on Taiwan (or a similar place. Definitely not in Europe or USA)
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote