Thread: Reader and OSX
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 04:46 PM   #1
dkosburn
dkosburn began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Question Reader and OSX

Hi,

I purchased my Sony Reader from the SonyStyle at the Kansas City Plaza two weeks ago today. So far I'm loving it and have read 4 books and started on my 5th (thats when I can pry it out of my wife's hands). My dilemma is that while I do have an antiquated Windows XP machine that is barely sufficient for web browsing and Connect, my primary machine is a 15" G4 PowerBook running OSX 10.4.10.

I have installed libprs500, and am using it to transfer files converted with 'pdftohtml' and then 'html2lrf', but I can only copy one file at a time and the application exits (with no error codes) after each transfer. So to copy multiple books I have to keep reopening the application, and it then rescans my Reader every time.

My question is this: what is the most stable method of creating LRF and copying them to the Reader under OSX? I've been lurking around the forums since the day I brought my Reader home (I've coveted one since they were announced last year) but so far I'm not finding any clear-cut "This is the easiest method" answers.

Cheers,
- Dustin
dkosburn is offline   Reply With Quote