View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunter307 View Post
I'm using Calibre on my PC with FanFictionDownLoader, and I find myself often overwriting books.

I've noticed that Calibre Companion updates book metadata on connection with Calibre when a change has been detected. I was wondering if it was possible to do the same with the book itself, automatically overwriting the old one on the device with the new one from the PC (using the metadata).

Cheers,

shunter307
Although there isn't a way to do this built into calibre and CC, you can probably get what you want using the Reading List plugin. The FanFic plugin can update a reading list when it does a download. The reading list plugin can send all books on a list to a device when the device connects. CC connects as a normal device, so reading list is triggered when CC connects. Combine all of this together and newly downloaded books should automatically be sent to your device every time you connect.

I haven't ever tried to set this up, but given that the FanFic plugin explicitly supports reading list I imagine that others have made it work.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote