View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 09:39 AM   #74
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The engadget review says "1GHz Freescale i.MX507 processor". I thought the Glo had the same, but google found another engadget review that states "Freescale, Solo 6 1GHZ Processor". I have no idea how those are related.
The i.MX507 is an ARM Cortex A8, and the Solo 6 is Cortex A9-based. At the same speed, the Solo 6 is faster ('Cortex-A9 is available as a single processor solution offering an overall performance enhancement of well above 50% compared to ARM Cortex-A8 solutions' according to ARM)

YMMV with code quality and things like that, but from a hardware point of view, the Glo has the superior CPU.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote