Thread: FIRE vs TABLET
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 10:32 AM   #102
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
This is a very nice format for reading eBooks. It is used by the vast majority of eBook readers on the market including almost all the E-Ink devices. It is also used by iPad. It is the native format used on all Amazon readers before the fire.

Dale
I have been playing with tablets of various aspect ratios and screen sizes, one of which is a Herotab 8" 4:3 (800x600). It makes a great ereader and it is much better than the 7 inchers at browsing and emailing. The big problem with the Herotab is the quality although it has worked well so far.

But, I really like the 8 inch 4:3 format. So much so, I'm seriously considering the Archos 80 G9 as my "real" ereader. The engadget review makes interesting reading. Here is the link:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/12/archos-80-g9-review/

Basic specs:
ARCHOS 80 G9 8" 8GB $270
226x155x11.7mm (8.90 x 6.11 x 0.46 inch) - 465g (17 oz)
USB Full Sized
USB Micro
MicroSD/SDHC
HDMI output6 (Mini HDMI)
WiFi (802.11 b/g/n)
Bluetooth 2.1+ EDR
Built-in GPS
Built-in speakers
G-sensor
Vibrator
Built-in kick stand
Built-in Microphone

Another thought for Blossom. The Coby Kyros 7024 is well built and is my carry ereader. I have not installed Mantano but CoolReader, Aldiko, Nook, FBReader and Kindle all work well (side loaded and installed). Anroid Market does not come pre-installed but I installed Amazon Market and Mantano is there.

Regards - John

P.S. I do have one "real" tablet: The Toshiba Thrive.

P.S.Jr. I can't recommend the Micro Cruz. I understand some people love them. I just don't happen to one of those people.

Last edited by Jabby; 10-15-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote