View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 05:10 AM   #11
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tyson View Post
Ok, got further this time - but now 'Payment may be unsafe' - checking the details - not sure whether that is the shop thinks that, or paypal thinks the shop is, or what.

"This PayPal transaction seems to be unsafe and will be validated.

Your payment has been delayed.

Your order requires manual review by our customer support team. They will resolve this issue very quickly. Check back with the site within the next couple of hours."

Could also be because not a seppo, perhaps, so will see what happens.
Yeah, I got this also when I ordered this month (twice) - first time I've seen it. I thought perhaps my card was flagged because I placed a couple if orders in quick succession, at CyberRead and Fictionwise. But now that it happened to you I think it is rather a hiccup with their system, or some new (and improved) payment security system.

Anyway, your order will go through after some hours. Not the near-real-time acquisition of eBooks we all wish for, so that is annoying, but I think this will be temporary.

I plan to write to them and report the problem. In the past, they have been reasonably responsive to my submissions (more so than places like Fictionwise). Perhaps if a few people write with the same problem they'll get the message, so you should also contact them.

Your books should be available for download soon - keep checking your orders on your account page.
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote