View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 09:46 AM   #732
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
This PM really needs to be public, so it can help others, and so that others can help:
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster
Here is an image of the first 32MB of my K5 (firmware 5.0.4):
http://www.mediafire.com/?pv5s2v33ssu2ucv

At various offsets and lengths, it contains uboot and uboot-bist, and the main and diags kernels.

I suppose you could just flash the whole thing starting at offset zero (with dd), but it could potentially zero your idme vars, so be sure to rewrite them with idme before rebooting...

Or better, figure out the length and offset to the uboot-bist portion and just flash that. Be sure to read ixtab's README for flashing diags+ssh (including diags kernel) using dd instead of fastboot. Adapt for uboot offset and length instead of the kernel shown in his example...
This is my last mail received from you. I had my message box full.

I don't think i can flash through ssh becouse it's not installed. I have posted more details on Simple debricking method for K5-Touch, K4-Mini, & K3-Keyboard thread.
There is now a u-boot (non-bist) that can be loaded with MfgTool or the new command-line usb downloader tool, which has fastboot built-in. Awesome! You can thank eureka for that.
Yes i have already tryed and it works to fastboot (i will post later to thanks eureka) i have flashed both kernels and partition main and diags. Now i am able to enter diags and linux promt, but the main still have some errors. When i boott to main i receive :

kinit: do_mounts
kinit: name_to_dev_t(/dev/mmcblk0p1) = dev(179,1)
kinit: root_dev = dev(179,1)
kinit: /dev/root appears to be a ext3 filesystem
kinit: trying to mount /dev/root on /root with type ext3
kinit: Mounted root (ext3 filesystem) readonly.
EXT3-fs error (device mmcblk0p1): ext3_lookup: deleted inode referenced: 7132
/sbin/init.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libdbus-1.so.3: cannot open shared object file: Input/output error
Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
Did you flash main from diags ssh with dd? If you used fastboot, it did not write the complete main partition... fastboot has a size limit and quits early while falsely reporting "success"... Use dd instead.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote