View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #6
Jazzy_Jeffaz
Jazzy_Jeffaz is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Jazzy_Jeffaz is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Jazzy_Jeffaz is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Jazzy_Jeffaz is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Jazzy_Jeffaz is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Jazzy_Jeffaz is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Jazzy_Jeffaz is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Jazzy_Jeffaz is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Jazzy_Jeffaz is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Jazzy_Jeffaz is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Jazzy_Jeffaz is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The translations do not look like that. Binary calibre releases contain compiled translations in .mo format. And those in turn are stored in a zip file resources/localization/locales.zip which is 6.2 MB. The size of a calibre install comes from one thing and one thing alone, the need to bundle all dependencies, since calibre uses cross platform libraries not available on the OS. Actual calibre code and resources (icons/fonts/translations/etc) total about 60MB on disk after installation.

I especially liked the OP's claim that "calibre does so little".

I agree. There are so many great features to your software. I thank you for all the time and effort you put into it.
Jazzy_Jeffaz is offline   Reply With Quote