View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 02:59 AM   #155
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Hi there,
I wonder if anyone has safely disabled automatic update feature on Kindle Touch! ? If you take a look, you'll see that KT doesn't have /usr/bin/process_update but the files that seem to be related to updating are as follows:

/usr/sbin/updatewait
/usr/sbin/wfm_forceupdate
/usr/sbin/ihbslupdater
/usr/sbin/updatetime
/etc/init/ota-update.conf
/etc/kdb/system/daemon/wand/SIGNAL_UPDATE_TIME
/etc/kdb.src/yoshi/system/daemon/wand/SIGNAL_UPDATE_TIME
/etc/updater.conf
/etc/upstart/ota-update.conf

Moreso, I guess the last conf file (ota-update.conf) is the file we need to change in order to disable auto update. Does anyone know which parts of the shell program should be changed/removed?

Thanks

Note: I edited Kindle Touch Hacking wiki page too to reflect the massive bricking we experienced recently mostly because of this thread.