View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 05:44 PM   #18606
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I finished Partials. Liked it a whole lot - it's not without its problems as far as the plot goes, but I liked the characters, the pacing and that most of the questions I asked myself (and the book!) while reading were actually answered later on.

The biggest problem I now have is that I want to read the next book and likely the soon-to-be-released third book, too, neither of which I already have, so that's a few additions to the to-be-bought list... Still, I'll try sticking book 2 into my wishlist for now - I don't need/want it immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
So next up is Stormbreaker by Anthony Horowitz. The first of his Alex Rider YA novels, I bought this on 30 December 2013 for £0.99.
I rather enjoyed the entire Alex Rider series - it's one of those where, I think, one shouldn't attempt to think too hard and just relax and go with the (fast-paced and entertaining) flow. Sort of like with action movies.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote