View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 12:23 PM   #360
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
There are a number of pretty cheap GPS 'pucks' that will connect to a host unit by BlueTooth and add GPS capabilities. I have a love/hate relationship with them, as when they work they are fantastic, but sometimes BlueTooth communication just fails to work, on several different devices.
I even have such a BlueTooth mouse, ca. 3 years old.
It's working and those are surprisingly cheap.
But I'm not a fan of BlueTooth either and I'm even less a fan of adding external hardware.
For each trip, I reflect, whether to take my Microsoft Wedge mouse for example.
And I don't quite get it. What would be the costs of adding a GPS chip? € 20? Why not have it per se in mobile units > € 400?
I love, sitting in cafe and checking out the POIs in the neighborhood. Or booking my next stay. Or the Saturn or Media Markt next to me.
Missing GPS is no disaster, I usually have a smartphone with me anyway (for the moment, my favorite would be Lumia 920 if it's not on repair)...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote