View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #8
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
The KFHD smart cover is designed to have the cover fold back on itself to form a stand... the "kindle" rubberized grip prevents it from sliding in landscape mode. I've used it on a variety of surfaces, at varying angles and it works fine. A separate stand is only necessary if you want the KFHD to stand in portrait mode.
The cover only holds the KFHD7-32 in landscape mode if kept at an exact balancing angle. If one wants to change the viewing angle, one must use the stand I described above.

By the way, I finished my first full charge cycle of the Kindle Fire HD 7" 32 Gb unit and it got 5 hours and 39 minutes to the 19% level while the Paperwhite got 10 hours and 29 minutes to the point where the battery meter almost registered empty.

Taking the KFHD7-32 down to 15% or even 10% could get me another 30 minutes to an hour, possibly. The KF1G got an average of 5 hours and 20 minutes down to the 15% charge level.

I tracked the KFHD7-32 and KF1G using GSam Battery Monitor and the Paperwhite tracking individual reading session times in an Excel spreadsheet.

The KFHD7-32 had an inaccurate battery meter at first and needed a couple of cycles to totally empty to develop its accuracy.

After loading in all the items I want for the KFHD7-32 I got the following storage statistics in the Device section of the Settings:

Storage left: 22.97 of 29.96 Gb space available.

1. Books and Newsstand: 57.84 Mb
2. Audiobooks: 15.30 Mb
3. Music: 2.19 Gb
4. Video: 44.06 Mb
5. Photos: 56.20 Mb
6. Docs: 12.12 Mb
7. Personal Videos: 0.00 B
8. Apps & Games: 407.99 Mb
9. Others: 1.17 Gb

I still have room for lots of new "stuff" as it is developed over the next year.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-28-2012 at 08:26 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote