View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 10:23 PM   #3
TongueTied
Zealot
TongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
In one of the other threads, Sameer from Kobo said that it would be available Internationally on 1st October. So, it will probably be highly dependant on your local reseller as to when they receive stock and put it out on the floor. Being in Asia, you have to remember that many North American companies can't find Asia on a map without getting through all the rest of the map first (even then, they get horribly confused and give up). Kobo does seem better than most but I would guess that it will take quite a while for them to start filling Asian distribution channels (other than Japan which will likely be at or near the top of the list). I lived in Malaysia until very recently and I didn't see Kobo Original or Touch selling anywhere and all the online retailers wouldn't send to Malaysia (because Malaysia is evil? strange? truly Asia?). I had to get mine via a friend in Toronto. As far as I can tell, the situation hasn't changed. However, many will send to Singapore but I think it is going to depend on where you are located.

As for your parents picking one up on the Oct. 1st, good luck! I hope they can but don't get your hopes up. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't hit the shelves in most stores until the following week.
TongueTied is offline   Reply With Quote