Thread: Reading Chair?
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 06:55 PM   #61
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhume01 View Post
I'm surprised I haven't seen more pages on the internet regarding this topic.

I'm trying to get a great reading chair for myself, and I thought this would be a great place to fish for ideas. What kind of chairs do you think are conducive to reading? I find that most either you fall asleep in or don't have enough/any neck support (also it's hard to get a good chair for a tall dude).

My ideal is some kind of lounge chair that has good leg & arm supports, but I'd like to hear everyone else on what they use and what their ideal could be if they were to get a new chair.
I have the answer if you're near a store or online - the Ikea bent wood ergonomic chair, a lovely looking piece of curved/bent wood, very Scandinavian looking classic simple design. with some padding. It's incredibly comfortable, and very conducive to a nice long read !
Very reasonably priced, about £100 sterling , and I've had mine for 5 years and it's still as comfy as when I bought it.
Can't remember the model, but I'll look it up if anyone wants me to - they still sell it I know - in leather or linen upholstery.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote