View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 06:37 PM   #334
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonkey View Post
Yeah, I didn't realize Adobe's DRM scheme required activation of a computer or a call home at all - I guess because I'm more familiar with B&N's variant (which relies on the CC number the book was sold/downloaded with).

I don't read any books until I strip the DRM and I almost never buy it. This is why I don't understand Adobe epub that well (my wife uses a Kindle and I strip DRM from B&N epubs) I was just trying to continue to answer the question from two pages ago that started this discussion:
If you have ADE on your computer and registered and you have the DRMed ePub as well, as long as your computer works, you can open the eBooks in ADE.

One thing I am not sure of is if you need the DRM server to say register a reader that has ADE on it. But if the reader was register before the DRM servers when down, you'd still be able to put the eBooks on the reader.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote