Thread: Ebook Pricing
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 12:50 AM   #4
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
You could try buying it from KoboBooks. There should be a Kobo coupon you can use as well in the Deals forum. The Amazon version is several dollars cheaper, but you'll either have to have a Kindle, read it on the PC, or have the know-how to remove DRM and convert. Generally, look at overseas bookstores first, Borders and their like are only good for the Australian ebooks you can't get anywhere else.

But yeah, for Australians at least, ebook pricing isn't really competitively priced compared to paperback versions. Of course, it does depend on the type of books you like to read. I love my sci-fi and fantasy, and I've found plenty of ebooks (usually sourced overseas) from well-known authors in those genres for more than respectable prices. On the other hand, I've seen more 'mainstream' ebooks sold locally which are up to $10 more than the paperback versions. Either these publishers don't want to commit to ebooks out of fear or ignorance, or maybe they're smoking crack. Perhaps all of the above.

(Which reminds me, I should go look to see if At Home has dropped price yet.)

Last edited by viviena; 10-03-2010 at 12:54 AM.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote