View Single Post
Old 10-19-2004, 08:03 AM   #2
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Form Login & MobileRead

To use a Form Login with MobileRead, do the following:
  1. Select "Edit -> Form Logins.." from the main menu
  2. In the Form Logins dialog select "New...", this will open the Form Login Wizard.
  3. The wizard asks you to specify the login page, use https://www.mobileread.com/mobile/index.php (1st screenshot)
  4. The wizard downloads and processes the page. You will be asked to open the login page in the web browser. (2nd screenshot)
  5. Fill in your username/password on the login page and click "Log in".
  6. Switch back to Sunrise and specify "*logout*" as the logout link. This will prevent Sunrise from logging out automatically.
  7. Use "MobileRead" (or any other descriptive name) as the Form Login's name.

After completing the wizard you have a new Form Login which you can associate with a document. The settings should look as shown in the 3rd screenshot (with the exception of the username/password)

To associate a document with a Form Login:
  1. Create a new document. I assume you'll use https://www.mobileread.com/mobile/index.php as the starting page. (Alternatively, pick the MobileRead item from the Showcase.)
  2. Click the ellipsis button next to "Source / File", this opens the secondary Source Settings dialog.
  3. Pick the "MobileRead" item from the "Form Login" field. (This is the Form Login you created earlier.)

That should do it! I realize that Form Logins might be a little complicated, at least initially, but I don't think I can make them any easier to use.

The Form Login Wizard may not work with every form, the processing that goes on behind the scenes might break some JavaScript logic. If you know how HTML forms work you can set up the parameters manually.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wizard1.png
Views:	925
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	410   Click image for larger version

Name:	wizard2.png
Views:	824
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	411   Click image for larger version

Name:	formlogin.png
Views:	923