View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 10:44 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckbill View Post
Background: When possible I prefer to buy titles in a format from which I can remove the DRM as I find the formatting very poor on a PRS-505. I then reformat and publish in LRF to retain full justification using the excellent Caibre.

I was wondering whether such a practice is legal in the UK, Germany and New Zealand (ie I am from the UK, posted in Germany and emigrating to NZ)?

I would not bother with the whole process if the 505 could display justified text.
Stripping DRM is not legal in the UK. I do not know about NZ.

As for the 505 and justified text, BBeB (LRF/LRX) does display with justified text. It is currently ePub that does not. We need Sony & Adobe to update ADE to support justified text.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote