View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 02:48 PM   #66
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philz View Post
How long did it take to get your replacement? I had the lower left super bright spot and the colors off (driving me nuts, as a graphic designer I can deal with a bit but both are just argh).

They telling me it'll be between Nov 6th and Nov 15th! But I have to get it to them in 30 days! Not exactly happy with that... Being in college, I need the kindle to read books excessively, this means I'll have to keep my Kindle Keyboard 3G while I wait for yet another Paperwhite 3g!

At first they told me the end of Oct. I read how others were getting it earlier so I called them the next day and said I was really upset that it would take so long, especially since it took a month the first time to get it, and said I really needed a Kindle to read on. They then offered me the 3G upgrade for free and I had the replacement two days later.

I'm starting to hear on various forums that CS isn't offering the 3G upgrades any more. It is possible they read these forums and decided to put a stop to that practice since it was so widely known. But who knows. It doesn't hurt to call them back and request a faster delivery. Make sure they understand you really need it for reading.

EDIT: If you have a KK registered on your account, tell them you already gifted that to a family member so you desperately need the PW replaced to read your school material. I know it is a lie, and I normally don't approve of such, but you have to know how to play the CS system to get a fair deal.

Last edited by jswinden; 10-06-2012 at 02:53 PM.