View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 11:59 AM   #8
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
I'm talking about a generic ereader for edu field. Am I biased? Well edu and IT are just my job, lol.

First, there have to be the right conditions for e-texts adoption (speaking in terms of drm management, new copyright laws, cultural change) but then a huge amount or ereaders could be sold. IF they're ready for the purpose, IF companies will start designign seriously devices for edu needs.

'Till then the only (small) edu market receptive for ereaders can be the academic one.

But current and past productions failed greatly in designing something useful for working over texts and edu practices and needs. The only serious try has been made by enTourage. Others just enlarged the standard sized ereaders, but it's a dumb idea if you think it'll satisfy edu needs, like Jetbook or Plastic Logic seem to think.

At least the new PL100 is resistant and made of plastic.

Last edited by lorenzoens; 02-26-2012 at 12:03 PM.
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote