View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 05:18 PM   #39
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsgreer View Post
(I LOVED the Danny Dunn books!)
I loved those! I also really liked The Mad Scientists' Club -- I recently learned there are other books in that series (I only knew of the one) but I haven't tracked down copies to read them yet, so don't tell me what happens!

I also remember a series of "mystery" stories, whose name I can't remember ... I guess its several details that stand out strongly in my memory. The characters were a group of four or five friends who ran a neighborhood detective agency. I remember one female character, but I think the rest were all male. There was a geeky gadget character, a character who's main contribution was his sense of smell (he had a big nose, too) and the main character who wasn't all that smart, but was clever and charismatic. I think that character's name was "Dirk McGurk, but since I haven't been able to find anything about the books, I'm doubting if I'm remembering that correctly.

Ring any bells for anybody?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote