View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 12:43 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdc View Post
New forum and calibre user here so I apologize if this has already come up. I admit to going a little crazy with my library and now I have more books than I know what to do with. What I want to do is find a way to split up the library into multiple libraries of a more manageable size. Any help is appreciated.
I have 7000 books and with books properly tagged, saved searches and restricted views I'm nowhere near thinking I need to split things up. Splitting the library up would actually hinder library management and make it harder to navigate or find what I'm looking for.

What do you wish to accomplish by splitting into multiple libraries?

It might be easier to create "saved searches" and use the "restrict to" feature to deal with parts of your library as if they were a library unto themselves. This doesn't require multiple libraries.

If you truly feel the need just use the drop down arrow next to the library icon and create a new library or 2 or 3, then copy whatever you want to into the 2nd, 3rd or 4th libraries.

Good Luck.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 04-10-2011 at 12:45 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote